Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The First Clicks

My mom asked me when she saw my new camera if I planned on being a photographer; I said yes. But right now, I am just some dude with a camera. My super online buddy Nikka Ponce once said: "having a camera doesn't make you a photographer." (Or at least that's what I remembered.) It is a good thing that my dad has also taken some interest in my current hobby.

Photography these days is really different from what Dad taught me back in grade school about how to capture photos. Back then, there was no Photoshop to crop the image or adjust exposure. These days, post processing has as much to do with photography as shooting the picture do. Now, you just need to point and shoot, then play with it in whatever editing software later. Also don't need to worry about shutter speed, aperture and exposure anymore; you can even focus on multiple subjects and track movement. But photography is still an Art form. Even with the best camera, you still need the right subject and a bit of artistic touch to add drama to pictures. I really need to work on my photography skills and I need to figure out all the functions of my camera and put them to good use.

I love nature and I love colorful things. Here is one of the more common flowers that I find attractive.

dancing ladies

I really need work on my post processing skills as I only know the basics in Photoshop. I played around with this photo of a dog resting by the door. I took it during the family reunion somewhere in the outskirts of the city.

Dog day afternoon

I wish to learn more and I need to practice more. All your comments and suggestions on how I can improve my shots are most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment