Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birthdays and Dreaming of the Beach

Today marks the start of another year in my life.

I have been fond of spend my birthday in a quiet manner. Be it in a coffee shop with good friends or just a casual dinner with the family. I am not a fan of big parties or drinking sprees during my birthday. I want it to be as simple as possible.

And today, I have been daydreaming about being somewhere quiet. I dreamed of spending this birthday in Malipano Island, in one of the cozy Pearl Farm Beach Resort villas with an awesome view of the ocean while drinking a nice cup of hot choco. My friends say it’s a birthday celebration befitting my personality.

And I remember this shot I did about two months ago, in the main villa of Malipano Island while savoring a cup of hot choco early on a Sunday morning. This is a 15-shot handheld panorama of what I was looking at on a comfy couch facing the ocean. I didn't even bother getting up to get a better vantage point. This is the exact view I have been dreaming about the whole day.

pearl farm



Too bad I am stuck in the office doing mundane tasks today. Anyhow, I'll be out early because its my birthday. Happy birthday to me.

1 comment: