Sunday, April 24, 2011

Full Circle: Portrait #9

About 10 months ago, I was invited to a portraiture shoot. I didn't really have any knowledge of doing portraiture as I was only interested in doing macro and street shoots. Little did I know that the day marked the beginning of a huge shift in my photography hobby.

At the start of the year I decided on doing my 100 portraits project. And, as luck would have it, one of my first models would be a part of it. Jaynie, or Jai-Jai as we call her, was one of the up and coming faces when I started and ever since that first shoot has been a good friend of the group. Though she isn't as active in the modeling industry as she was last year, I still had a chance to include her in my project during the annual summer outing of the Fanatic Photographers Society here in Davao City.

Here is the portrait I took about 10 months ago.

fairy

And this was just a few weeks ago. This is Portrait #9 out of 100.

jai (1 of 1)

I'm happy that after 10 months of portraiture shoots, I can see some progress in my style. Though I know that I still have a long way to go in this field, seeing my own progress makes me happy. And at the end of this project, I will once again take a look at what has improved and what needs to be improved.

After all, the only thing that is constant in this world is change.

No comments:

Post a Comment